Volunteers & Visitors


Parent Volunteers

Parents are invited to play an important role in their children’s education by becoming parent volunteers in the following ways:

  • giving classroom support
  • contributing a special talent such as offering information on a hobby or area of interest
  • noon-hour sports activities
  • assisting with special projects
  • offering assistance on field trips and special activities
  • food program delivery

Code of Conduct Agreement

Volunteers are required to sign a form acknowledging the Code of Conduct for Volunteers. Please take a moment to read this important document then arrange to sign at the office.

Judicial Record Check

If you are planning on volunteering for any of the activities at school or taking part in any classroom field trips you will need to have a judicial record check done. So why wait until the last minute and not be able to help out or attend.

All you need to do is contact the school secretary at 819-663-4842 at extension 0 and make an appointment to drop in to fill out the form. When you come in you need two pieces of identification such as your driver’s license and health card.  See list of valid identification below.

Valid Identification

The candidate must provide two (2) pieces of valid (non-expired) identification, one of which must be government-issued and include the candidate’s name, date of birth, signature and photo.
The following are accepted as government issued photo identification:
o Driver’s license (issued by Canadian province or territory)
o Medicare Card
o Foreign driver’s license
o Canadian passport
o Foreign passport
o Canadian citizenship card
o Canadian permanent resident (PR) card
o Secure Certificate of Indian Status (SCIS)
o International Student Identity Card
o Firearms Acquisition Certificate (FAC)
o Canadian National Institute of the Blind (CNIB) Identification Card
o Federal, provincial or municipal government employee identification card
o Military Family Identification Card (MFID)
The following are accepted as supporting identification that could be submitted with the government issued photo identifications:
o Birth Certificate (issued by the register of civil status)
o Birth Certificate (issued by another province)
o Baptismal Certificate
o Hospital Card
o Hunting License
o Fishing License
o Canadian Blood Donor Card (only if date of birth is indicated)
o  Immigration papers
The social insurance (SIN) card cannot be accepted as a piece of identification


Visiting the School

In order to maintain a safe school, all visitors, including parents, must report to the office where they sign the visitors’ book and explain the reason for their visit. Visitors will be given a visitor’s pass that must be visible at all times. No visitor will be permitted into a classroom without prior permission.